Home | Biography | Philosophy |
In my term as Mayor our council has:
- moved from a deficit to a surplus while reducing rate rises
to the lowest for this council (excluding the period when the
state government froze rates after amalgamation.)
- increased its focus on customer and community service by
restructuring the organization. We now successfully operate community
centres in Gumeracha, Woodside and Norton Summit.
- introduced the green waste bins to townships and urban
areas while continuing to provide free green waste days and tip passes
to those not getting the green waste bins.
- introduced an on-call hard waste collection for the whole
of the council district.
- in collaboration with Mt Barker and Alexandrina Councils
helped establish the Adelaide Hills International Sculpture trail.
- in collaboration with Barossa, Mt Barker, Onkaparinga,
Alexandrina and Yankalilla Councils progressed the bid to have our
farming communities listed as a UNESCO Agrarian Landscape.
- supported the Adelaide Hills Sculpture Symposium to get